Monday 11 November 2013

Some Sewing has been taking place...

I haven't been blogging much but I have been sewing a little.
Nothing too complicated but at least I am sewing!!
 
Here are pictures of a few garments I've made.
 

Dress ~ New Look 6210

I Love the back of this dress!
It was an easy dress to make and very quick!
Fabric is a stretch and I lined it with a light knit tricot lining.
It was a very comfortable dress to wear this summer!

 


This pattern is for an unlined jacket but I lined my jacket.
I had to make some adjustments ~  a sway back adjustment, shoulder width(narrowed),  raised armhole and lengthened it.......
 I used four buttons instead of two and placed my buttons down the front. 



Burda 7066

This was the first time I made this Burda top so the top is a mock up ~ to see how the pattern Fit.
 I like how it looks with no adjustments but for the next one I will lengthen it...
It is a loose fitting top and
this mock up will be A very comfortable top for lounging.
I played around and sewed some print fabric on the bodice, side seams and sleeves!
I used my favorite method, the Sarah Veblen method,  for applying the neck band.

 
I've also been making curtains, pillowcases ~ for my Grandson, and some alterations but the biggest thing I've been finishing up is a "huge" quilt
for us!
Well the biggest I've ever made.
 I machine quilted it myself, with a long arm machine,  and just finished sewing the binding on.
That will be the next post.


A little brace humour to make me feel better ~ since I do wear braces now :)



 

Happy Sewing!

Ann


 
 


 

8 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Ann all your pieces are so nice but I especially LOVE the dress.

Anonymous said...

Ann, each piece is lovely, love the dress and the jacket but I think you have great possibilities in playing with the top in the future. I look forward to your ideas!

Jane M said...

Wow, Ann, the machines have been humming at your place. I think the dress looks fabulous and the jacket is so versatile but I join in the admiration society for that top. great fabric choices and so in style

Diana said...

Love that dress and the jacket is really nice. I have that pattern and one of my ladies wants to make it so we'll have to talk .The top looks great too.

Vicki said...

You have been busy! The dress is gorgeous and the jacket is very nice too.

Sewingadicta said...

Oh, dear, you've been busy ... all these garments love you sewed ... but I have to confess you something ... when I come to your blog, I first read your new post and then I look furtively sewing beautiful photos of your studio ... I can not stop it ... Soooo gorgeous!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I'm glad to know that your amazing sewing room has been put to good use making those wonderful garments. Can't wait to see the quilt.

KellysSewing said...

Love the dress and the black jacket! I saw you left a comment on my blog! It is so nice to 'hear' you are still around! I have been waiting to see how your quilt came out! Hope you and yours are doing well.