Tuesday, 24 February 2009

Blue/ White Bouclé Jacket- Vogue 8259

I have been slowly getting thru my little fitting marathon with this jacket! Luckily they are not major adjustments, just time consuming, with allot of pinning/unpinning and trying the muslin on...... and off..............to get that perfect fit!The back was mainly the problem area. The jacket back has 2 pieces, main back piece and a side back. This gave me lots of seams to adjust the fit, but I did end up making adjustments on pretty much every seam, front and back!
There was way to much fabric at the lower back and mid back. I made a double sway back adjustment, which were two dart-tucks tapering to nothing at side seams. This adjustment made the back hem pull up, so when I transferred all the adjustments to my paper pattern I added length to the back and straightened the grain line.
I also had to take in the center back, side seams and front seams (under the bust only).
1st muslin
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
* I made a 2nd muslin, no sleeves, to confirm that the adjustments were alright.
I was happy with the fit.
There is still some minor tweaking that needs to be done, but I'll make those on the fabric.

9 comments:

Lindsay T said...

Ooh, Ann, that fabric is so pretty! You'll have to come to NYC to buy your trims and buttons, right?!

paco peralta said...

Ann .- fabric is "divine". Looks like a rustic fabric. The setting is perfect.

I'm impatient and with a lot of questions: have already thought about the buttons? In decorative ribbon?... etc. etc. etc.

greetings, Paco

Summerset said...

Ok, I thought I left a comment, but obviously it is out in cyberspace somewhere! Fitting can be quite a hassle, but I think you've really got it right. Your jacket will be fabulous with the perfect fit and that lovely fabric.

Cennetta said...

I agree with Summerset. Great choice of fabric and style. I'm going to enjoy your process.
Thanks!
Cennetta

Marjie said...

I like your illustration of what alterations you made. I really like that blue fabric; this will be a really nice jacket.

Claire S. said...

Beautiful fabric, can't wait to see the jacket finished :-)

ClaireOKC said...

Ann, the fabric is fabulous. What sort of trim are you thinking about? Buttons? The fitting looks done, can't wait to see your next steps.

Sew Passionista said...

Ann, I love the fabric and will be looking forward to seeing your progress and you really must wear it to Fabricville so I can see it in person.
I'm glad this past week is over and now I'm ready to get back to the blogging world . My grandchildren are coming this afternoon so Jessica will take some photos for me of my two new pieces.
Happy sewing!

Tany said...

Ohhh, I have this pattern too (I'm saving it for my first Chanel-style jacket)! I can't wait to see this jacket come to life, I'm sure you'll do an explendid job! The fabric looks fabulous! I'll be following along with great interest!