I am so pleased - I finally finished my coat.
The coat went together quite nicely with no complications.
The style changes I made were minor: I made bound buttonholes and made single welt pockets.
.....bound buttonholes and my buttons from The Button Drawer.
......single welt pockets .........back vent detail. I didn't really notice the instructions for sewing the lining to the back vent - until I was actually sewing the lining to it. The pattern instructions for the vent would have you cover the vent opening, as illustrated in the picture. I didn't care for this, so I ended up modifying the flap lining. I clipped into the lining so I could then stitch the lining around the opening. I've done this before and so I'm pretty sure that the look I ended up with for this vent is not how it should end up looking like - however it's the best way I could think of to finish it, so the vent flap could freely open without being attached to the lining. It's also a shorter vent since I shortened the coat by 3 1/2 ". I'm very very happy with this coat and I love the fit. I'm so pleased how it turned out and even more pleased with the fantastic information I gained from - Paco's and Tany's tutorial - Thank you so very much to you both for sharing your time and valuable information! Marji - Taking this project on was a huge undertaking and you did a fantastic job. Thank you. It was a pleasure having so many people from all over the world come together for such a project. It was fun and I enjoyed seeing everyone's jackets come together. More posts here!